Great bag - looks cool and super comfortable to wear. Its definitely one of my go to bags. Trips to the park, trail head adventures, and quick jet trips - this bag has done its job.
Elizabeth – Verified Buyer
I love my new Sutro backpack. I like that is has a very defined shape. Personally, I'm prone to hauling entirely too much stuff around if I've got the space, so the Sutro gives me just enough space for the important stuff and not enough room to schlepp stuff I don't really need. It's slimmer depth is nice on the bus, too. Far easier to get through a crowded bus than one of the big, square, blobby bags.
Norati Ram – Verified Buyer
The side pocket is a great feature. It would be nice if size can be customized. I would get this again in a smaller size if it were available.
Daniel Kempler – Verified Buyer
Pros: Very handsome; Easy to manipulate (open, close, latch, etc.). Large.
Cons (minor): (1) main compartment is very deep -- could use another pocket/zipper compartment inside; (2) the zipper pulls on the side access panel are both metal and the way it is configured, if the zipper is closed the two pull-tabs are next to each other and rattle together as you move -- sounds like something's loose! I'll probably replace one of them with a soft material pull-tab or wrap one in tape to reduce the rattle-while-you-walk.
JJ – Verified Buyer
So I've been using my Sutro for roughly a month or so and here's my take on it all.
1) The backpack is stylish and looks unique. The ability to customize allows you to make a backpack that is YOURS.
2) Quality and construction are top notch. It feels like it would last forever.
3) It's very comfortable. Whether its a medium or a heavy load, its comfortable on the back!
1) The front compartment is a bit tight. It's hard to pull the pocket to see your belongings.
2) The main compartment could use another organizational pocket. I ended up buying a grid-it to hold a lot of my items in place.
3) If you're coming from a dedicated laptop back such as a Targus, the Sutro will seem a bit small. Despite that, it's definitely big enough to keep your laptop, books/folders, etc.
All in all, I am pleased with my purchase and it feels like I have a backpack that can last the ages.