Great bag - looks cool and super comfortable to wear. Its definitely one of my go to bags. Trips to the park, trail head adventures, and quick jet trips - this bag has done its job.
Ken – Verified Buyer
Actually helped me cut down on shit I carry. Bag is money!
JJ – Verified Buyer
So I've been using my Sutro for roughly a month or so and here's my take on it all.
1) The backpack is stylish and looks unique. The ability to customize allows you to make a backpack that is YOURS.
2) Quality and construction are top notch. It feels like it would last forever.
3) It's very comfortable. Whether its a medium or a heavy load, its comfortable on the back!
1) The front compartment is a bit tight. It's hard to pull the pocket to see your belongings.
2) The main compartment could use another organizational pocket. I ended up buying a grid-it to hold a lot of my items in place.
3) If you're coming from a dedicated laptop back such as a Targus, the Sutro will seem a bit small. Despite that, it's definitely big enough to keep your laptop, books/folders, etc.
All in all, I am pleased with my purchase and it feels like I have a backpack that can last the ages.
Going out of town for a few days? Gonna hit the gym... or at least pack workout clothes with the intention of hitting the gym? The Sutro Backpack is for you. And this bag is definitely for me. I love it. It totally fits my every need - from packing all the miscellany one carries when leaving home for an extended amount of time, to lugging vinyl records to my next dj set. My one piece of advice for all-weather cyclists is to go with the sailcloth fabric for your outside fabric.
Yes, I would recommend the Sutro to a friend.
I was suspicious at first about whether or not this backpack would be big enough to carry as much stuff as I would want it too, so I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it has so so so much room for everything I think I need (which is probably more than I actually need). When I'm not carrying very much, it rolls down to be a pretty petite pack, but for running errands or long days it will hold absolutely everything I need. And the side-zipper is good for grabbing a water bottle, or for rediscovering all those tiny things that find their way to the bottom of bags. The straps are comfy, and I was also stoked to find that the sternum strap was well-designed and well-placed (something that some backpack makers miss the mark on, ahem). So yes, great backpack for everyday stuff as well as trips and errand running. Glad there's a lifetime warranty!