Great bag - looks cool and super comfortable to wear. Its definitely one of my go to bags. Trips to the park, trail head adventures, and quick jet trips - this bag has done its job.
Ken – Verified Buyer
Actually helped me cut down on shit I carry. Bag is money!
JJ – Verified Buyer
So I've been using my Sutro for roughly a month or so and here's my take on it all.
1) The backpack is stylish and looks unique. The ability to customize allows you to make a backpack that is YOURS.
2) Quality and construction are top notch. It feels like it would last forever.
3) It's very comfortable. Whether its a medium or a heavy load, its comfortable on the back!
1) The front compartment is a bit tight. It's hard to pull the pocket to see your belongings.
2) The main compartment could use another organizational pocket. I ended up buying a grid-it to hold a lot of my items in place.
3) If you're coming from a dedicated laptop back such as a Targus, the Sutro will seem a bit small. Despite that, it's definitely big enough to keep your laptop, books/folders, etc.
All in all, I am pleased with my purchase and it feels like I have a backpack that can last the ages.
Going out of town for a few days? Gonna hit the gym... or at least pack workout clothes with the intention of hitting the gym? The Sutro Backpack is for you. And this bag is definitely for me. I love it. It totally fits my every need - from packing all the miscellany one carries when leaving home for an extended amount of time, to lugging vinyl records to my next dj set. My one piece of advice for all-weather cyclists is to go with the sailcloth fabric for your outside fabric.
Yes, I would recommend the Sutro to a friend.
Chris – Verified Buyer
I wear the Sutro backpack ever day to work, and find that it is very comfortable. i have back and neck problems, so i can't wear a single shoulder messenger bag.
Some backpacks are so big and bulky, but this has a slim profile that means i can look over my shoulder while riding and not have anything in my line of sight.
The side access pouch is great. It makes it easy t o access my Klean Kanteen without have to take the whole bag off.
The one thing i'd like to see change is having the ends of the straps and buckles outfitted with the roll up velcro closure thing so they don't flap around. but its not a deal breaker.