Norati Ram – Verified Buyer
The side pocket is a great feature. It would be nice if size can be customized. I would get this again in a smaller size if it were available.
JJ – Verified Buyer
So I've been using my Sutro for roughly a month or so and here's my take on it all.
1) The backpack is stylish and looks unique. The ability to customize allows you to make a backpack that is YOURS.
2) Quality and construction are top notch. It feels like it would last forever.
3) It's very comfortable. Whether its a medium or a heavy load, its comfortable on the back!
1) The front compartment is a bit tight. It's hard to pull the pocket to see your belongings.
2) The main compartment could use another organizational pocket. I ended up buying a grid-it to hold a lot of my items in place.
3) If you're coming from a dedicated laptop back such as a Targus, the Sutro will seem a bit small. Despite that, it's definitely big enough to keep your laptop, books/folders, etc.
All in all, I am pleased with my purchase and it feels like I have a backpack that can last the ages.
Paul – Verified Buyer
Great backpack! Exactly what I wanted as a gift for my nephew. Lots of customization was available, so I was able to order it in the colors of the University that he is going to. Quality is excellent, as well as the service. Thanks!
Daniel Kempler – Verified Buyer
Pros: Very handsome; Easy to manipulate (open, close, latch, etc.). Large.
Cons (minor): (1) main compartment is very deep -- could use another pocket/zipper compartment inside; (2) the zipper pulls on the side access panel are both metal and the way it is configured, if the zipper is closed the two pull-tabs are next to each other and rattle together as you move -- sounds like something's loose! I'll probably replace one of them with a soft material pull-tab or wrap one in tape to reduce the rattle-while-you-walk.