Steven Braswell – Verified Buyer
- easily fits iPhone 4s with case
- the separator piece could be slightly larger (height and width - another 1/4 inch)
- I wonder if swapping the location of the pen slot and the phone slot would make a difference. I think I would almost prefer to have my bulky pens located closer to the spine and have the nice flat surface of my phone closer to the outside.
- I wonder if the separator piece could be color customized or coordinated with the outside binding color without raising the cost.
- I wonder if an outside strap attachment point could be added without raising the cost
So, this folio is really nice The construction appears to be first rate (good stitching, no loose threads, external zipper is a YKK). The only minor nit on the construction is that the external orange binding is attached with black thread. Might have looked better with matching thread.
After using this for a busy week of meetings, I'm convinced this will be the system I stick with. It holds exactly what I need (paper, pens, iPhone).
Tina Koyama – Verified Buyer
I recently purchased a Smartphone Folio to use as a sketch kit, and I love it! (In fact, I love it so much that I immediately ordered a second one, which is now on its way :-) ) The two front pockets, intended for pens and a smartphone, are ideal for holding a variety of pens, pencils, markers and waterbrushes, and they are easy to slip out quickly and quietly without a lot of digging around. The large-size Moleskine sketchbook fits perfectly. A Global Art Materials Hand Book sketchbook in the 5¼” x 8¼” size will also fit in the Folio, although the Hand Book’s cover is very slightly thicker, so it’s a bit snug. I use both Hand Book and Moleskine sketchbooks, so they can be interchanged easily in the Folio.
When I first saw photos of the Folio, I wondered whether the bulk of pens in the front pockets would make the sketchbook slant upwards, making sketching uncomfortable or impossible. On my first field test, the Folio passed this test beautifully. The pages lie open flat without having to remove the sketchbook. (Please see my full product review on my blog: http://www.tina-koyama.blogspot.com/2012/04/product-review-rickshaw-bagworks-folio.html )
Sudeep Gohil – Verified Buyer
Super cool product, great construction... Even better than I expected and admired by all!
James Offord – Verified Buyer
I love my moleskine folio and use it every day. I had hoped that it would be an appropriate size for a Rhodia Webnotebook to fit. However, the folio is slightly too small.