Mike W – Verified Buyer
Really love the bag.. Only small disappointing thing is that the included laptop sleeve is fairly small considering the bag dimensions. They use Mac Book Pro for the 15" laptop reference. I, unfortunately, dont have a Mac Book.
I had to purchase a 3rd party sleeve to fit my laptop. That sleeve fits great in the bag. Im considering adding velcro to make it a 100% replacement..
Jeremy Ramey – Verified Buyer
Researching products before I buy them - reading user reviews, watching youtube videos, researching ratings from professional companies - is fun for me. When I knew I wanted a new bag, I started with about 10 different brands and narrowed it down to 4 - Mission Workshop, Rickshaw, Chrome Buran and Timbuk2. I ultimately went with Rickshaw and couldn't be more pleased.
I love that the look of the bag is customizable. Picking the bag's fabric textures and colors was fun. My bag is mine alone and doesn't look like something everyone else has. It has tons of pockets to store just about anything you could need from pens to kleenexes to dental floss. There's a lot of storage. I'm a concert pianist, music director and conductor. Currently I have two scores - each about 400 pages - in my bag, and I still have room for my piano tuning equipment and iPad. It's very nice that it stands by itself without having to lean up against something. The magnets to close it quickly and quietly are very nice. The strap doesn't get twisted and has nice padding - it's quite comfortable to wear. It's American made, a big bonus for me. All that and it's just one nice looking bag.
As for customer service, I placed my order over the weekend failing to realize that I hadn't filled out the street address for where it was to be shipped. On Monday, I had received an email from Katie, their director of operations, pointing out my omission. I replied back with the proper address. By that afternoon, she had replied thanking me (!) for my quick response. Awesome.
I write reviews quite often and try to be fair and balanced in my experience with a product. I can tell you in no uncertain terms I couldn't be more pleased with my bag... I really couldn't. This bag and this company gets my highest recommendation.
Laurie Vogel – Verified Buyer
I love the look of the bag and the shoulder strap is outstanding. I really like that the strap doesn't get twisted. The bag is a little bit too spacious so I tend to overfill it which is not good for my shoulders. The one thing, I dislike is that the flap doesn't roll (or lay) back all the way when the bag is open. My preference too, would be for the front pocket to be one pocket that unzips rather than two pockets. I'm a teacher and I utilize the front pocket a lot. It isn't as handy for my supplies as I had hoped. Overall I'm happy with my new bag and love the way it looks.
Mark – Verified Buyer
This is almost the perfect bag. I travel pretty much every week, so my bag is really my lifeline, everything I need at a moments notice gets crammed into every possible spot. My Commuter 2.0 is a pretty solid bag, and I like it overall. There are definitely a few problems I've had, which prevent it from being perfect.
1) The key chain strap in the pocket broke fairly quickly, specifically the part that holds the keys to the strap. It's a minor thing, and easily replaceable.
2) The D rings where the main strap connects to the bag tend to shift around until the straight part is no longer aligned with the part that holds it to the bag. This puts the clip on the end of the main strap at the hard corner of the D ring rather than floating along the curve of the ring. This results in a clicking noise at every step when the metal rubs against metal.
4) The stop for the cinch on one of my water bottle holder pockets popped off one day and getting it back on seemed possible, but maybe with a tool, or some technique I couldn't figure out on the go.
3) The water bottle holders are slightly too small for some of the 1L water bottles I buy at various airports.
4) The pocket at the back where all the pens and stuff go isn't particularly well organized. The little pouches are various sizes, but some are too big, others too small. Stuff tends to pool up at the bottom, which is pretty normal, the placement of this along the back means that the pool of stuff at the bottom digs into your back and requires semi-regular readjustment. I would move some of these organizer functions to one of the front pockets.
5) the little wings at the corners of the bag where the big cover piece closes have decided that they want to close facing out instead of in. I ignored it the first few times and now they like going that way better.
6) The laptop sleeve is technically removable, but requires winning a significant battle with a large amount of velcro, not the kind of thing you can do at the security line. Some sort of quick release would be awesome here.
7) In an ideal world for me it would be a tiny bit thicker in the main pocket. Maybe .5 inches. I'm constantly just short of getting a laptop, charger, some documents, a book and an ipad in there.
On the plus side, the magnetic closures are awesome. It holds a decent, but not overwhelming amount of stuff. The materials used all feel good to the touch, and it's pretty lightweight. I like the front pockets placement and ability to access. It stands up on its own, unlike some bags that lose their form without stuff to harden them. Overall I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend Rickshaw products.
Lee Yh – Verified Buyer
I will like a cord that can tie the bag to my waist while i am running for bus or train, this helps to reduce the frequency whereby the bag will swing from my side to the front. This cord will also help me to secure my bag from snatch thief as they cannot pull the bag from me easily.