Daniel Kempler – Verified Buyer
Pros: Very handsome; Easy to manipulate (open, close, latch, etc.). Large.
Cons (minor): (1) main compartment is very deep -- could use another pocket/zipper compartment inside; (2) the zipper pulls on the side access panel are both metal and the way it is configured, if the zipper is closed the two pull-tabs are next to each other and rattle together as you move -- sounds like something's loose! I'll probably replace one of them with a soft material pull-tab or wrap one in tape to reduce the rattle-while-you-walk.
JJ – Verified Buyer
So I've been using my Sutro for roughly a month or so and here's my take on it all.
1) The backpack is stylish and looks unique. The ability to customize allows you to make a backpack that is YOURS.
2) Quality and construction are top notch. It feels like it would last forever.
3) It's very comfortable. Whether its a medium or a heavy load, its comfortable on the back!
1) The front compartment is a bit tight. It's hard to pull the pocket to see your belongings.
2) The main compartment could use another organizational pocket. I ended up buying a grid-it to hold a lot of my items in place.
3) If you're coming from a dedicated laptop back such as a Targus, the Sutro will seem a bit small. Despite that, it's definitely big enough to keep your laptop, books/folders, etc.
All in all, I am pleased with my purchase and it feels like I have a backpack that can last the ages.
Loni Sykes – Verified Buyer
Product arrived in a timely fashion. Product looks great. However, I only bought it because it was on sale for 20% off. And I wish the buckles were made of metal, not plastic. Love the waterproof design. And it's more spacious than I thought.
ben moody – Verified Buyer
The Sutro Backpack was a gift for my son for Christmas. His main source of transportation in NYC is bicycle. He loves it! Light weight, roomy, comfortable to wear. We trimmed it in Orange & added a light on the convenient strap. Our 2nd bag as a gift. Both have been hits & will be well used. Great workmanship!
Chris – Verified Buyer
I wear the Sutro backpack ever day to work, and find that it is very comfortable. i have back and neck problems, so i can't wear a single shoulder messenger bag.
Some backpacks are so big and bulky, but this has a slim profile that means i can look over my shoulder while riding and not have anything in my line of sight.
The side access pouch is great. It makes it easy t o access my Klean Kanteen without have to take the whole bag off.
The one thing i'd like to see change is having the ends of the straps and buckles outfitted with the roll up velcro closure thing so they don't flap around. but its not a deal breaker.