Daniel Kempler – Verified Buyer
Pros: Very handsome; Easy to manipulate (open, close, latch, etc.). Large.
Cons (minor): (1) main compartment is very deep -- could use another pocket/zipper compartment inside; (2) the zipper pulls on the side access panel are both metal and the way it is configured, if the zipper is closed the two pull-tabs are next to each other and rattle together as you move -- sounds like something's loose! I'll probably replace one of them with a soft material pull-tab or wrap one in tape to reduce the rattle-while-you-walk.
JJ – Verified Buyer
So I've been using my Sutro for roughly a month or so and here's my take on it all.
1) The backpack is stylish and looks unique. The ability to customize allows you to make a backpack that is YOURS.
2) Quality and construction are top notch. It feels like it would last forever.
3) It's very comfortable. Whether its a medium or a heavy load, its comfortable on the back!
1) The front compartment is a bit tight. It's hard to pull the pocket to see your belongings.
2) The main compartment could use another organizational pocket. I ended up buying a grid-it to hold a lot of my items in place.
3) If you're coming from a dedicated laptop back such as a Targus, the Sutro will seem a bit small. Despite that, it's definitely big enough to keep your laptop, books/folders, etc.
All in all, I am pleased with my purchase and it feels like I have a backpack that can last the ages.
Michelle – Verified Buyer
Overall great bag, just wish Rickshaw made a bag with the option of a side pouch so I could easily carry my coffee/tea thermos.
Loni Sykes – Verified Buyer
Product arrived in a timely fashion. Product looks great. However, I only bought it because it was on sale for 20% off. And I wish the buckles were made of metal, not plastic. Love the waterproof design. And it's more spacious than I thought.
ben moody – Verified Buyer
The Sutro Backpack was a gift for my son for Christmas. His main source of transportation in NYC is bicycle. He loves it! Light weight, roomy, comfortable to wear. We trimmed it in Orange & added a light on the convenient strap. Our 2nd bag as a gift. Both have been hits & will be well used. Great workmanship!